Patient Information & Resources
NO-SMOKING POLICY: We operate a no-smoking policy within our premises. CCTV cameras are in operation both inside and outside the surgery premises.
CHAPERONE All patients are welcome to be accompanied at their consultations by a friend or relative, and we will also arrange for a chaperone to be present during a consultation as required by the clinician and/or the patient. Animals are not permitted on the premises other than those accompanying patients who are blind, or who have dogs to assist them with hearing impairment.
PRIVATE ROOM If you would like to speak to a member of staff "in confidence" please ask to go to a private room.
INTERPRETER Should patients require an Interpreter then this must be organised in advance.
The practice adopts a Zero Tolerance Policy and reserves the right to remove all violent and abusive patients from its list and will do so in writing in line with NHS and Sefton Primary Care Trust Policy. Patients who persistently do not attend their appointments will also be removed from the practice list in accordance with the practice policy.
We expect our patients to:
- Be courtious to staff at all times, remember they work under doctors orders
- Attend appointments on time or give the practice adequate notice that they wish to cancel. Someone else could use your appointment
- An appointment is for one person only - where another member of the family needs to be seen or discussed, another appointment should be made.
- Patients should make every effort when consulting the surgery to make best use of nursing and medical time - home visits should be medically justifiable and not requested for social convenience.
- When patients are asked to give 48 hours notice for repeat prescriptions, please give us the time as it allows for accurate prescribing.
- Out of hours calls (e.g. evenings / nights / weekends) should only be requested if they are felt to be truly medically necessary.